Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location, easy to find from train station. Staff really nice and always willing to help. Would recommend! ”
- 26 Oct 2013 Maria Clara Italy
- “ Best value and best hostel in Berlin! ”
- 24 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ With so many choices, I was quite pleased with myself that I picked the Hostel in Mitte. It is easy to get to from the train station and walking distance to the major sights. The staff was vey accommodating ! It was a definite plus that there were individual lights by each bunk. It would help if there was access to the Internet from the room and if there was a soap dish in the shower as it would make it easier grabbing for the soap and/or shampoo. Without a doubt, I would stay there again. ”
- 07 Sep 2013 Constance Ireland
- “ Free Wifi was great but wasn't available in the rooms. Lights were motion triggered which was quite annoying in the shower and the water was triggered by button which made them flow for a few second at a time. Staff was very friendly and helpful when needed and the location is the best you can possible hope for. ”
- 30 Aug 2013 Assaf Israel
“ The worst experience. They had nothing in the room except tiny bed, no towel, no paper...
They charge you for no reason, every bed costed extra 2.5 Euro that you cannot see online, they said that was for the bed using. Shouldn't a hotel provide beds for the guests?
Besides, you cannot fall sleep at all, it was too laut. I was waked up at least three times, the last time was 4 am.
Totally speaking, it was terrible! ”
Dear Guest, we say on hostels.com that linen is not incuded. the beds are prepared with fresh, clean, white linen. We offer towels at the receptiondesk for a deposit of 5,-€, which we return when you hand the towel back. In your room where actually 2 beds, as you booked a twinroom. We are a hostel not a hotel, so there are young travellers around who might be a bit loud from time to time. We always try to keep it quiet after 22:00 and we are sorry you where disturbed by other guests.
- 11 Aug 2013 Zhou China
- “ The location is really good. This hostel is located in a city center. Bathroom is small so it was a little hard to change my clothes and keep them dry. No kitchen ”
- 09 Aug 2013 Anonymous Japan
- “ The hostel Citystay Mitte is strategically well located for a city wanderer; it is quite easy for him to reach, by train or even on foot, most of the city's important locations of historical and cultural interests such as the TV tower (one of the best ways to get a complete panorama of the city), Marienkirche, the Staatoper, Pergamon Museum or other musuems, Bundestag, Brndenburger Tor, etc. ”
- 06 Aug 2013 Masanori Japan
- “ We expanded our stay for one night and the hostel didn't arrange in such a way that we could get our new room right after leaving the other, so we had to way in the hostel for 4 hours with all our luggage. It would be good that for further situations they will not repeat this. ”
- 25 Jul 2013 Manuel Spain
- “ This hostel is THE HOSTEL. Excelente atmosphere over all, it is always crowded and full of nice people, great place to rest,to make friends and for something else :). ”
- 19 Jul 2013 Anonymous Argentina
- “ Conveniently located very close to Museum Island. Our private double room was huge, very clean and had an ensuite bathroom. For €5 each we had access to the breakfast buffet, which was good value for money. It was also only €5 for a large bag of laundry to be washed and dried for you. The staff were very friendly and created a pleasant atmosphere in the lobby/bar area. The only problems I had were that wifi was only available in the lobby, and the luggage room was unattended and often unlocked. ”
- 04 Jul 2013 Anonymous England