Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I would definitely recommend the hostel to everyone who are finding an accommodation near colombo. This hostel is not in Colombo but it's near laminia beach. The place has awesome atmosphere, but maybe it's also because of great travellers :) ”
- 05 Jan 2016 Eeva Finland
- “ The hostel was nearby the beach which was pretty nice. We met a lot of nice people who gave us good informations what we could in Sri Lanka. We would definitely go there again. ”
- 26 Oct 2015 Janina Germany
- “ If you want an unpleasant place to stay: please make sure to come here. It was the worst place I stayed in my 2.5 weeks in Sri Lanka. I arrived around 6 pm with my friend that would be leaving for the airport at 8pm. The owner was bothered by my friend presence and made sure my friend would be leaving ASAP...A Nice Welcome! She had a bad attitude (we were going to have dinner not even staying there). If you can't have a good attitude with guests why have a place like this? Not so clean. ”
- 04 Sep 2015 carolyn Canada
- “ Have Hostels.com update your page so that all the facts are current without misrepresentation. I have re-read what Hostels.com has in your webpage, and it did not depict the hostel's current setup. Rooms are not listed with AC or without, but only an additional fee for the AC. The staff member and the owner should not have insisted that I pay for the room anyway, but the manager did offer refund and finally I did accept it. ”
- 20 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The room I had was quite large, but warm water did not work. Maid did not want to come and have a look to see what was wrong (as it was evening), so as i left early morning I never got to have a warm shower. The owner is friendly (at first), but far from what some other reviews had stated. Did not want to organise a driver for a short distance. She also tried not to deduct the amount already paid via Hostels.com and to keep the bond for the key.(Another quest had same experience). ”
- 07 Aug 2015 Anonymous Netherlands