Colonial House Quito
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great experience, the staff made me feel like at home. Even though I am far away from home. Best hostal I have been to so far, thanks a lot! ”
- 14 Jul 2014 Tobias Norregaard Denmark
- “ It was a good stay for a couple nights. The rooms are a bit small and the shower was only a drizzle, especially if you wanted hot water. It was an old building so understandably it was not as clean as more modern places. It definitely had character, and the airport pickup was appreciated. Certain staff were a bit sulky...they should definitely hire a perky night person for late or early arrivals. Otherwise, very close to Old Town sights. ”
- 01 May 2014 Katrina USA
- “ Absolutely fantastic stay! We loved the hostel, they cook breakfast and dinner for you for a small fee, and it is the most delicious meal We've eaten. Their wifi works most of the time. Try to get a room in the back house, since the front house is very noisy from the street. Location is fantastic! There are lots of volunteers, and everybody is very friendly and open, you will hear interesting stories from all over the world! The common areas are friendly, we made lots of friends! ”
- 09 Feb 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ We really enjoyed our stay at colonial house. The staff were extremely friendly and accomodating, and when we were there they had a party for the owners son, so we got to meet the whole family and all the volunteers. Its really laid back, and they even helped us get our luggage back from the airport when it got lost. I would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the old town of quito! ”
- 22 Nov 2013 Anonymous Netherlands