Colonial House Quito
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Staff was absolutely great, cheery and always willing to help. I really enjoyed my stay here. Thanks guys! ”
- 08 Jan 2015 Parker USA
- “ Great hostel! The staff is mostly made up of very friendly volunteers, who are very helpful. The hostel makes you feel like a part of a great community, the setting is beautiful so are the views of Quito. Location is great to explore Quito old town. The only thing lacking is a great shower, but you can shower pretty well anyway. A 200 year old building has to have some quirks! Highly recommend staying there, especially if you are halting in Quito for a long time. ”
- 12 Dec 2014 Anonymous India
- “ It looks good. Exactly what you expect from a hostel. The staff is very nice but they don't know much. The shower sucks. Unless you like cold showers, then it's fine :-) ”
- 22 Oct 2014 willemijn Netherlands
- “ 5mins walk (uphill) from metrobus. Wifi and one shower was broken for 2 of 3 nights. ”
- 07 Sep 2014 Anonymous England
- “ Great experience, the staff made me feel like at home. Even though I am far away from home. Best hostal I have been to so far, thanks a lot! ”
- 14 Jul 2014 Tobias Norregaard Denmark
- “ It was a good stay for a couple nights. The rooms are a bit small and the shower was only a drizzle, especially if you wanted hot water. It was an old building so understandably it was not as clean as more modern places. It definitely had character, and the airport pickup was appreciated. Certain staff were a bit sulky...they should definitely hire a perky night person for late or early arrivals. Otherwise, very close to Old Town sights. ”
- 01 May 2014 Katrina USA