Costa Rica Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Was really excited to stay at Costa Rica Backpackers because I had heard wonderful things about it. None of the bathrooms were working when I was there and the four-person dorm smelled awful. I also had to wait all day to get a set of bed linens to put on my bed. Located about 20 minutes walking from the center, so going somewhere at night without a cab is not an option. I have stayed in better and just as cheap places in San Jose. ”
- 05 Dec 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I only stayed for the night but it was a comfortable place. My only complain is that other guests were being really rude and loud. however, management was helpful in taking care of the problem. ”
- 12 Apr 2014 Natalie USA
- “ The man who will help you to get around is very good and very helpful. ”
- 31 Mar 2014 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ When I emailed the hostel and organized to be picked up at the airport, I was told there would be a grey van with the hostels name on the side of it and the man's name would be Franchesco. Being my first backpacking trip, I was fully expecting this to be true. The man that claimed to be Franchesco was not, and the real Franchesco we later identified by asking for his ID card. The can also was not grey nor did it say 'costa rica backpackers' on it. ”
- 20 Mar 2014 Alana-Faye Canada
- “ Pretty standard overnight hostels for your entry and exit day to Costa Rica. No point staying in San Jose for more than a day. ”
- 09 Mar 2014 Anonymous Canada