Cowgate Tourist Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Extremly loud during the Festival-time. Rooms have nothing exept for Bad bunk-beds that sway from side to side with every Little move. No table chair or closet eather. 2 showers for 20 People is simply Not enough! The final nail in the coffin was a mouse Running around in the kitchen. Awful experience! Never again!!!! ”
- 18 Aug 2015 Julia Germany
- “ Great location, good place to stay. No common room, so meet people in the kitchen in you're apartment which makes up for. Good kitchen facilities and bathrooms were clean. ”
- 13 Aug 2015 Zoe Australia
- “ Stay here! It is an amazing hostel. The cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at. The kitchens are amazing (the only bad thing about them is their toasters sometimes trap your bread), you are close to everything and the staff are some of the loveliest people I've ever met. There is a bar opposite the hostel that places very loud music till quite late, so if you're a very light sleeper that might be bad, but apart from that AMAZING HOSTEL! ”
- 04 Aug 2015 Anonymous Australia
- “ I wish they told us from the beginning where the kitchen were located. The kitchen was nice and clean. The room was quite booring, there was not even a place where you could hang your clothes only a bed. But I sure stay here again ”
- 24 Jul 2015 Anonymous Sweden
- “ I really like staying at cowgate hostel. Pros: The staff was really nice and helpful. It's only a block away from high street and it's super close to the nightlife area. Cons: It's a across the street from an outdoor bar (bring earplugs if you plan on going to sleep early) ”
- 20 May 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ My girlfriend and I stayed in Cowgate hostel for 2 nights. The staffs there are really nice and helpful! The kitchen is well equipped and comfortable, yet the washroom and bathroom are a bit dirty and undesirable tho... Since the location of the hostel is just opposite to a pub, there was a street performer playing guitar and singing very very loudly in Sunday until 2am, letting everyone in the dorm unable to sleep. Other than that, this is a good choice to stay in Edinburgh. ”
- 03 May 2015 Anonymous Hong Kong