Dalian South Mountain Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed here for 3 nights because I had earlier booked it via hostels.com. My stay here was a nightmare. Outside temperature was around 0C and the owner didn't turn on the heater even though he had this facilities. He wanted to charge RMB10 for 4hrs use even at the common area. Kitchen was closed to guest and can even provide a microwave for guest to heat up food. Fortunately he still provide a kettle to boil water. Every service you requested from owner is chargeable and is not cheap. ”
- 10 Nov 2013 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ Disappointed with this hostel. When I left I told staff I was catching an Early plane next morning. When I came to leave the door was locked and I was unable to leave as planned. I missed my plane making me lots of trouble.The owner was at fault leaving volonteer staff in charge. ”
- 14 Jun 2013 terence England
- “ Nice place, very friendly staff ”
- 01 Jun 2013 belle Netherlands
- “ I had a great couple of days there. Even though the staff spoke no English, they really tried to help me out in every way possible. There were really kind and went out of their way top make my stay quite pleasant as I was there in autumn, so not many foreign tourists and all the guests only spoke Mandarin. For Chinese standards, the place is very clean, even the bathrooms were really clean by Chinese standards (not western....if you've travelled or lived in China, you know what I mean..). ”
- 25 Oct 2012 Anonymous Australia
- “ they close at 12 in the midnight.. and turn of the light and WIFI in the common room!.. the restroom doesn't have soup and toilet-paper.. and there are only 2 common-shower.. you need to wait for 15 minutes to warm the water.. the location is not so good.. it's close to Dalian Foreign Language University, but it's far from the main attraction.. when I was there, there were a lot of chinese, and only a few foreigners.. ”
- 28 Aug 2012 Anonymous Belarus