Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Just few meters to metro station Very welcoming and cozy with indoor and outdoor seating area. Best hostel breakfast ever Guy at reception helped us a lot when we had trouble with flights. Thank you sooooo much discovery hostel! ”
- 24 Aug 2014 Kathrin Germany
- “ This place is REALLY, REALLY nice. Beautiful house classic house with courtyard, extremely well kept. Staff is cool, they organize soccer games on the beach or the turf fields and arrange trips to Maracana to view the professional matches as well. It's not IN Lapa, but it's an easy short walk to Lapa, which is the main nightlife zone in Rio. I'll be back, for sure! ”
- 22 Aug 2014 Ian USA
- “ Breakfast at Discovery Hostel is far superior to many hostels, and makes you actually look forward to eating in the hostel. The hostel is clean and the staff are extremely helpful (especially when explaining the areas of Rio on the map, and marking which places you should go and how to get there). The hostel was never rowdy while I was there, and they close the outdoor patio at midnight to keep the noise down. I would definitely recommend Discovery Hostel for the price! ”
- 03 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything about this place is great! I'd highly recommend staying here ”
- 12 Jun 2014 Jonathon USA
- “ It is just GREAT. There's nothing u miss in this feeling-at-home-house&I really appreciated either 1 of the 3 owners were always around giving a helping hand. Location is perfect, metro is a 2minute walk away&takes u anywhere in town plus a supermarket is around the corner. It's good to get to know other travellers, the communal area is spacious (inside/outside). The hostel is best rated for 2014 in Brazil/LA, but they really don't laze down, instead they're still trying to improve to be better. ”
- 20 Apr 2014 Anonymous Germany