Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Mohammad is the sweetest man, and he really takes personal care of all of his guests. There were three of us girls traveling, and he arranged for a woman to take us to the hammams for a traditional Moroccan bath. Also, he gave us directions and helped us plan our days. It was a five-minute walk to Place Jemaa el-Fna, & two minutes away from the souks. We had a spacious bedroom and private bathroom, all of which were extremely clean. And even though it was 105˚ outside, the building stayed cool! ”
- 28 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ -Mohamed was incredibly accommodating, making us a homemade dinner of Moroccan cuisine, showing us how to make the famous Moroccan mint tea, and teaching us about Moroccan culture and destinations. -The location of the hostel is excellent, just a few minutes walk from the Jemaa el-Fnaa. -The facilities are excellent, with plenty of maps and a rooftop terrace that overlooks the city. -We definitely recommend staying at Douarskoll. ”
- 02 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I can't say enough about the Mohammed, he was willing to walk us places, make breakfast early just for us, and was more than welcoming. Hostel felt safe and had a wonderful rooftop lounge that we used frequently! ”
- 12 May 2013 Holly USA
- “ A bit difficult to find (you definitely will need the help of some kid to bring you there..yes of course they want some money...20 Dhr is more than ok) but then an excellent place to stay in Marrakesh. Straight in the Medina but very quiet (not even the Muezzin call can be heard). Moahammed and Michele are very helpful and especially Mohammed always ready for a nice talk about Morocco and his tradition. The most important thing: when outside is more than 40 °C inside the riad is fresh and nice! ”
- 19 Apr 2013 Anonymous Italy
- “ This place was so great!! We had an amazing time staying here and the hostel was perfect. It's located in the middle of the old part of the city, with a great roof top terrace and nice rooms. The manager of the hostel was really friendly and sweet and helped us book day trips, gave us thé and gave us tips about what to do and not to do. I truly recommend this hostel! ”
- 26 Mar 2013 Klara Sweden
- “ Duarskol Guesthouse is a beautiful and refreshingly calm place in the midst of Marrakesh where we felt welcome and at home due to the great atmosphere and the amazingly friendly staff. Mohammed helped us find a good deal for a rental car and was incredibly friendly and caring, no matter what we needed (a place to watch a football game, a good place to eat traditional and cheap food (!) as well as a beer at night). The rooftop is a great place to sit back and relax and enjoy the nightfall! ”
- 25 Mar 2013 Sven Germany