Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Total confusions about our booking. The bathroom dirty. Linen was not cleaned and was damaged. The kitchen was awfull. Breakfast was a laugh. We had a wounderful view of the castle. And the pub was fun. If your are a real die-hard backpacker go for it. Otherwise stay the h*ll out of it. ”
- 23 Aug 2014 Caroline Germany
- “ good for backpackers, motorbike or bicycle travellers or a family trip in Kent or to London. Close to the port, the railway station, but also White Cliffs and Dover Castle. The hostel itself is ok, rooms and toilets/showers are good/average. There is a little kitchen, a bar and a 3min walk to a food store. The owner will always help you (but can't read your mind) and you will get a free trip to the landmarks of Dover. If you do it in the evening it will be a sunset tour to the top of the cliffs. ”
- 19 Jul 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ From the bad reviews I was a bit skeptical about staying there.Though partly true & a bit over-exaggerated, it wasn’t that bad. I stayed 5 nights. The tiny kitchen is often messed up by the long term guests & the fridge's tiny but we managed somehow. As for the street noise - it’s from customers/wanderers using the sidewalk tables/chairs - easily remedied if they care to.The only complain was that imbecile (Dave?) who barged in at 5am accusing me of sneaking into my room - that cost the ratings. ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA