Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ good for backpackers, motorbike or bicycle travellers or a family trip in Kent or to London. Close to the port, the railway station, but also White Cliffs and Dover Castle. The hostel itself is ok, rooms and toilets/showers are good/average. There is a little kitchen, a bar and a 3min walk to a food store. The owner will always help you (but can't read your mind) and you will get a free trip to the landmarks of Dover. If you do it in the evening it will be a sunset tour to the top of the cliffs. ”
- 19 Jul 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ From the bad reviews I was a bit skeptical about staying there.Though partly true & a bit over-exaggerated, it wasn’t that bad. I stayed 5 nights. The tiny kitchen is often messed up by the long term guests & the fridge's tiny but we managed somehow. As for the street noise - it’s from customers/wanderers using the sidewalk tables/chairs - easily remedied if they care to.The only complain was that imbecile (Dave?) who barged in at 5am accusing me of sneaking into my room - that cost the ratings. ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I have to be honest with you! It was terrible! The place was very dirty, beds lines were very soiled, bathroom was disgusting, chicken bones and dirty underwear in the room! We stayed in over 10 hostels on this trip and that one was the worst! In the bathrooms there blinds were hanging down, I don't even know how you would take a shower without the whole street seeing you! I wouldnt' let my dog stay there! We took our bags and left! Very disappointing and on Christmas Eve! ”
- 24 Dec 2013 John USA
- “ absolutly filthy, the guy who runs it is friendly, but if I have to go to Dover again I will bring more money and stay somewhere else......... ”
- 23 Aug 2013 elkie Germany