Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I have to be honest with you! It was terrible! The place was very dirty, beds lines were very soiled, bathroom was disgusting, chicken bones and dirty underwear in the room! We stayed in over 10 hostels on this trip and that one was the worst! In the bathrooms there blinds were hanging down, I don't even know how you would take a shower without the whole street seeing you! I wouldnt' let my dog stay there! We took our bags and left! Very disappointing and on Christmas Eve! ”
- 24 Dec 2013 John USA
- “ absolutly filthy, the guy who runs it is friendly, but if I have to go to Dover again I will bring more money and stay somewhere else......... ”
- 23 Aug 2013 elkie Germany
- “ I admit when I arrived I was a little dubious as the outside looks a bit shabby at the moment, but in fact I had a wonderful stay. The owner was very friendly and helpful, telling me about local history and even giving me a lift and free ticket to Dover Castle! The kitchen and bathroom facilities were good, bedroom was comfy and quiet. The atmosphere was laid back and welcoming. All in all I'd say the owner went above and beyond the call of duty, and it's my first choice for any future trips. ”
- 23 Jul 2013 Bramble England
- “ If you have any standards of health or cleanliness, do not stay here. The "kitchen" had dirty pots for guests to that were stacked high, plus there were more flies in the room than I could kill in 15 minutes. Additionally, the rooms had Thomas the Tank Engine and Winnie the Pooh comforters on twin beds with mattresses for 8 year olds. I am 5'6", 150lbs and felt too large for the beds. Paying $15 would not even be worth the price. However, the staff is very friendly and makes guests feel welcome. ”
- 19 Jul 2013 Robert Jeffrey USA
- “ The place needs a lot of work. This is the worst "hostel" I've ever stayed at. ”
- 27 Jun 2013 Anonymous England
- “ Filthy and dirty rooms, the "kitchen" is a kettle in the hallway and a dirty fridge in an even more dirty storeroom. Very grumpy and unfriendly staff. Since it is above a rundown pub it is very loud. I definatly would noone ever recommend to ever go there! ”
- 25 Mar 2013 Moritz