Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We booked this hostel, as we just needed a place to stay for a few hours before our ferry left early in the morning and thought it would be good enough. We should have listened to the other negative reviews and not go here at all. We actually left after a few hours at around 3 am in the morning, since the place was filthy, noisy and the worst experience we have ever made in a hostel, so we rather wanted to wait at the docks than here. We couldn't sleep at all, since it was noisy until 2 am. ”
- 12 Aug 2016 Anonymous Germany
- “ We spent 3 horrible nights. No reception, dirty room and bathroom (only 1 for the hostel), no cooking tools nor cups or bowls. On the evening of the second day, we found people in our room and all our stuff outside in plastic bags: the owner had rented the room to other people. That night we met two families with the same problem. We were placed in a dormitory which was already full. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOSTEL. ”
- 21 Jul 2016 Laetitia Belgium
- “ Loved my stay at Dover Backpackers. They are currently doing some renovation, so as expected there is a bit of a mess to deal with in the process. Wonderful management and staff. Easy walk from the bus station. Enjoyed walking about the White Cliffs of Dover. Thank you for the kind hospitality. ”
- 20 Jul 2016 Anonymous USA