Dover Castle Hostel and Bar
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was easy to find and the staff and atmosphere was great! The toilets wasn't great. Some is without a zink and they sometimes have trouble flushing. ”
- 06 Dec 2013 Signe Storm Denmark
- “ The location is good, the staff is very attentive and they lend hairdryer and plug adapter with only deposit guarantee. But the bathrooms are not very clean and the showers are terrible! ”
- 25 Oct 2013 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Cleanliness doesn't exist for this hostel. I would have rather slept outside, it was just plan gross. When you walked in you got a whole bunch of different scents! From dirty feet all the way to yearn. The lockers were very tiny and of course you had to pay. The bathroom smelt like yearn, poop, and dirty arm pits. Pubes all over the seat and water was ice cold. The beds were even smaller than the frame, we refused to lay on the sheets, which were all discolored. Rats wouldn't even stay here. ”
- 01 Mar 2013 Kellie USA
- “ Breakfast wasn't as good as we thought. Only cornflakes, milk, juice, coffe/tea, toast, butter and jam. Extremely close to the tube, and very quiet though it was very central. They had a great kitchen where you could cook though. ”
- 30 Dec 2012 Christian Sweden
- “ very unimpressed. the place is big, but the people who live-in are extremely disruptive. after 8pm they take over the kitchen and don't clean up after themselves. the beds are passable. the showers were temperamental (either really hot or really cold and are push-to-start) & everytime we showered there was hair in the drain. at any given time 1 - 2 of the 3 bathrooms were out of order or out of TP. there was no obvious food control in the kitchen & often no where to sit. won't be returning. ”
- 22 Dec 2012 Anonymous Canada