Drifter Jack's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ When I first saw the place I was unsure but from the moment you step in you feel welcome. The dorms are never locked but never once did I fear for the safety of my belongings, its just like everyone has this unspoken agreement. The atmosphere of the place makes you feel at home instantly. As a solo traveller it's great to stay at a place where you can relax and meet new people and the staff are friendly..I would stay here again for sure. ”
- 10 Jan 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ We friends and I had such a lovely time at Drifter Jack's. It was at once fun, lively, safe, and comfortable. Great way to meet people and have a reliable, clean place to stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The facilities were of good quality and tidy. I will definitely be back when I return to Austin. Thanks for everything! ”
- 10 Jan 2014 Evan USA
- “ This great place is hidden down an alley, over a massive pothole, and up the stairs above a Thai Restaurant, which just felt right. They have some nice murals painted on the walls like all great hostels, clean sheets, and friendly staff that help you find things to do. It is a couple miles from downtown, but the buses are cheap and easy if you don't wanna walk. It's adjacent to the school, so there are things nearby. I would highly recommend a poetry slam at the Spider House. ”
- 10 Dec 2013 Erik USA
- “ It was a great experience and I really enjoyed my time here . I would definitely stay here again, everyone was friendly and we had a great night on the town with informed hosts. Best hostel I've stayed in so far. ”
- 28 Nov 2013 Heather USA
- “ Nice place with awesome staff that really walked the extra mile to make our stay a great one! ”
- 28 Nov 2013 John Sweden