Drifter Jack's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location and cool vibe. The staff were accommodating, helpful and just generally wanted to make sure everyone had a good time in Austin. ”
- 26 Oct 2013 Russell New Zealand
- “ Good location on UT campus. Food,entertainment, transportation right outside door. Minutes to 6th street, capital, river. Nice small hostel that had just opened when we stayed. Walls painted by great local artist. Staff helpful (activities in town, directions, times). Just opened so some things still in- process but nothing that hindered our wonderful stay in Austin. ”
- 19 Oct 2013 Elaine USA
- “ great stay and will visit again!! ”
- 11 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel is a hidden gem! From the moment we arrived we felt immediately comfortable! Position was perfect, so much going on! Beds are so comfortable, bathrooms are clean! Would recommend this hostel for both independent travelers and those in a group. Flawless :-) ”
- 10 Oct 2013 Laura Australia
- “ Drifter Jack's is a wonderful place! I can't believe I found this gem on the fourth day after it opened. Right off UT campus in one of the most happening parts of Austin, and a short/cheap bus ride from downtown, the value is incredible. Beautiful murals on almost every wall (soon to be every wall) and an ultra-comfy common room that never closes. The best part of DJ's though, is the staff. Andy was born to open a hostel, and goes truly above and beyond to help his guests b/c he genuinely cares. ”
- 08 Oct 2013 Joel USA
- “ Pros: Great, helpful, nice, friendly staff. Good atmosphere. Cool art all over the walls. Good deal for the money. Good location. Beds are brand new and clean. Cons: Bathrooms and sink could be a little cleaner. Only one toilet and shower shared between 2 rooms of up to 6 people each. No stove for cooking. ”
- 08 Oct 2013 Will USA