EDU Hostel Jogja
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I've stayed more than 10 hostels around Western Europe, North America, and Asia, and it was the best hostel I've ever seen. No need to explain more. When you go Jogja, just stay there and you'll never regret. (A staff who speaks Korean was really helpful to me and my friends!! Thanks again.) ”
- 01 Jul 2013 Anonymous South Korea
- “ Probably the best hostel I have stayed in over 55 years. More like a luxury hotel than a hostel with the most comfortable beds ever. A good idea was to have the charging socket INSIDE the spacious lockers. ”
- 16 May 2013 Anonymous England
- “ Hotel is far from Maliboro street where other guest houses and tour agent located, also far from restaurant and mini mart. Not many room types for selection. Mainly is dorm room with share bathroom. Toilet is a little cramp. No any facilities in the room. Only bed and a locker which made me think the price is overrate. I can get a private clean room at Maliboro street at the same rate I paid to EDU hotel. Staff here is friendly but unhelpful to help you anything. I was quite disappointed. ”
- 13 Apr 2013 Anonymous Thailand
- “ A huge hostel with 60 rooms and beds for over 350. However, it doesn't feel like it. Staff particularly helpful. Not as central as I like. 15-20 minutes to Malioboro Street, which is the main street in the center. Excellent food options within 5 minute walk. I am TravelinAlan, and although not perfect, I would consider staying here again. ”
- 08 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I stayed at EDU on 7 & 8 Mar. 2013. The reception area is spacious; front-office staff are welcoming & everyone speaks/understands English + very helpful in arranging for tours & giving directions. The hostel is very conveniently located - just a short walk from the Transjogja Ngabean Bus Terminal. The 4-bed dorm I stayed in was clean; the bed very comfortable. The simple traditional breakfast was good with free-flow of tea/coffee. Outside food is easily obtainable nearby. Will stay there again! ”
- 07 Mar 2013 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ Great location, friendly staff, good atmosphere and nice facilities. However, during my stay, there's a big group of high school students staying there as well and they were very noisy. It was past midnight and I really need to sleep as I had an early morning train to catch the next day. My roomate finally went out and yelled at them and problem solved. lol. Of course, this has nothing to do with the hostel or staff. Other than that, I had a pleasant stay. ”
- 25 Jan 2013 Anonymous Malaysia