East Side Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Altough we weren't informed we'll stay on Izabella Street (we liked the Jokai Ut. location, it was more central), everything turned out ok. We were 4 and 2 slept on a bed, and the others on a mattress on the floor, but we spent so little inside that we're not complaining. We had a kitchenette and the bath was clean. The door was poorly locked, but the neighbours weren't criminals either. All in all, a great value for money, if i ever return in Budapest, i'll contact Milan again :) ”
- 06 Aug 2013 Anonymous Romania
- “ If you ever head to Budapest, East Side is the place to stay in! We had our own apartment a few blocks away from the hostel with all the facilities you could dream of. The atmosphere at the hostel is just great, amazing, friendly and helpful staff (thank you Milan & Istvan, love you!) The location is excellent with the metro station only a 5 minute walk away, the main street is close and the city centre is in walking distance. ”
- 01 Aug 2013 Anonymous Finland
- “ Unfortunately, what this hostel doesn't tell you is that the private rooms are in a separate apartment three blocks away. This place doesn't have wi-fi, the toilet leaked, and only half the lights turned on. The washing machine had mold in it! The one staff member we met was not friendly and not at all helpful. I did enjoy the privacy though! ”
- 22 Jul 2013 Gillian Canada
- “ Great hostel, free laundry. Owner bought me and my brother a half liter upon arrival. Small and social, one six bed room and a private two bed. ”
- 04 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA