East Side Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The buiding hostel is too old, the hostel is a flat with 2 bedrooms and in the livingroom have been instaled beds. About the bed: bed linen is clean but the mattres is like 2 inches thick. At night the staff is walking around until late, wolking thougth the room up and down to go to the balcony to smoke. I couldnt sleep until around 2 am because the staff was making noise ”
- 16 Jul 2014 maria Spain
- “ Big giant bathroom, tall ceilings, right next to the main train station in a good neighborhood and several grocery stores nearby down the main avenue, and also close to one of the main trams, and walking distance from the river. Also the staff was awesome, the first and only time I've heard someone say "if something is wrong, please let us know and we'll fix it". Not that there was anything wrong... it was just good to hear that they cared. A+ ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Chad USA
- “ Altough we weren't informed we'll stay on Izabella Street (we liked the Jokai Ut. location, it was more central), everything turned out ok. We were 4 and 2 slept on a bed, and the others on a mattress on the floor, but we spent so little inside that we're not complaining. We had a kitchenette and the bath was clean. The door was poorly locked, but the neighbours weren't criminals either. All in all, a great value for money, if i ever return in Budapest, i'll contact Milan again :) ”
- 06 Aug 2013 Anonymous Romania
- “ If you ever head to Budapest, East Side is the place to stay in! We had our own apartment a few blocks away from the hostel with all the facilities you could dream of. The atmosphere at the hostel is just great, amazing, friendly and helpful staff (thank you Milan & Istvan, love you!) The location is excellent with the metro station only a 5 minute walk away, the main street is close and the city centre is in walking distance. ”
- 01 Aug 2013 Anonymous Finland