Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The washrooms and baths were not comfortable and need to be cleaned more often since large number of users ”
- 15 Jul 2014 Nirmala India
- “ I had a private room and it was comfortable and very good price for a private. Great location as well, close to the sights in old town as well as the train station. I would stay here again. ”
- 09 Jun 2014 Anonymous Sweden
- “ Edinburgh Backpackers was a fantastic place to stay in a safe and prime location. If you're interested in the pent rooms, then get ready for a bit of a climb to the top of the building given they don't have a lift. The shower was rather small but it was functioning and warm. The rooms were nice and large, kitchen and sitting areas overlooking the town. Overall, this was a great hostel and I recommend it to any couple seeking a short stay in Edinburgh. ”
- 14 May 2014 Sean Canada
- “ The staff at the reception and the cafe next door were super nice and really welcoming. The location couldn’t have been better. However it was upsetting not having hot water to shower with. We stayed there for three nights and had hot water the first, freezing the second and warm the third. Still don’t understand what happened, if it’s frequent or was some isolated problem. ”
- 18 Apr 2014 Isabel Spain
- “ Cosy room Very dirty bathroom Great staff Weird people in the common area ”
- 31 Jan 2014 Kaja Norway