Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff were very friendly and helpful when I arrived. The location was excellent as I was staying so that I could complete my exams at Edinburgh Uni and only really had a 5/10 minute walk to the exams. My room was a good size and very quiet which helped for studying. Great value for money. ”
- 16 Dec 2013 Heather Scotland
- “ good location single room was clean quiet ”
- 25 Nov 2013 Martin Czech Republic
- “ I stayed in a private twin bedroom. We had the luck to share the bathroom with only one other room. Location of the hostel is excellent: right off the royal mile, a few steps away from everything!!! Staff was also really friendly. But maybe a small tip for the hostel: do take care of the air vents and shower curtains once in a while, not really a pretty and hygienic sight ;-) ”
- 08 Nov 2013 Anonymous Belgium
- “ We stayed in Edinburgh Backpackers for 4 nights. The biggest plus is definately the location. You can basically reach any important point of Edinburgh-City in 2 or 3 minutes. The people were also nice. The rooms weren't 100% clean but well.. the price was unbeatable. It wasn't too loud either. I'd really recommend this hostel! ”
- 20 Oct 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Friendly and simple ”
- 01 Sep 2013 Anonymous Ireland
- “ If you ONLY care about location then this one could be your place, but everything else was very very poor. We rented a private room and the experience couldn't be worse, bathrooms and room dirty, really noise location but not the one you actually could stand but people shouting and fighting just besides your window. Tiny rooms also. You can get much better accomodation for just 5 pounds near by. ”
- 30 Aug 2013 Gladys Marcela Colombia