El Tuco Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel has uniqueness as an old hacienda. A little repair (coat of paint, floor repairs and mattress upgrades) would go a long way to improve the experience. Annoying bit - owner has to manually unlock the main gate for entry/exit when wanting to come and go, which means buzzing and intercom and waiting for the owner to show up. Not sure if locked doors preventing people from leaving (i.e. fire safety) violates any fire codes in Peru - it would mean lawsuits in the USA. ”
- 01 Apr 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything is as advertised, but it just feels kind of dark & dreary. Also, you have to ask staff to let you out & I just hate feeling trapped in for even the minute or two it can take to find someone. ”
- 04 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ We really liked this hostel. It feels really clean and the owner is very attentive to the guest. I was feeling really sick due to the altitude. He had oxygen tank and let me get some. Showers have good pressure and hot water. There is a room to watch tv which is good when you want to get out of your room. Breakfast is good. The owner cooks breakfast upon request. I really enjoyed my stay here! I would recommend it n come back here if I'm ever in Peru again. ”
- 27 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA