Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Had a good stay at the Elbrus home. Pretty decent location - very close to food and shops and some sight seeing (about 1-3 mile walk to other sight seeing .. or much quicker cab ride). The travel desk was helpful also and assisted me in booking an overnight elsewhere. ”
- 25 Nov 2016 Allyson USA
- “ What a wonderful experience! This is an oasis in Kathmandu. In the morning Khem, Aleh, and their staff prepare a wonderful breakfast at any time from 6AM to 11AM based on your schedule. They are very helpful for any type of activity you would like to do. They also, with no reservation, took care of our baggage while we were in Nagrakot. This is a little outside of Thamel, which can actually be a good thing but wanted to let you know that you need to cross a busy road to get into Thamel. ”
- 23 Aug 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ I had such a great experience, the owner Kheem was so accommodating, so helpful literally to the last minute. Even after I had paid and checked out he walked me to the bus stop to make sure I got on alright. The breakfast was great, the staff was friendly, and the location was perfect distance from the hustle and noise of Thamel. I loved my stay here, I would definitely recommend. ”
- 29 May 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ We had a nice stay with an excellent breakfast and a hot shower. The hostel manager is very helpful with whatever you need. ”
- 26 May 2016 Julie Pommer Denmark
- “ Elbrus Home was such a great hostel in Thamel. Kim will bend over backwards for you to make you happy! He is very nice and will have breakfast made every morning. He will also have tea or soup made for you in the daytime. I highly recommend it and would go back! ”
- 13 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA