Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stay here whenever I have business in Managua or when I have just flown in late at night. Located in a quiet residential neighborhood, but only a short walk from a large shopping mall, I recommend Elena Borgen hostel for the quiet ambience, the more-than-helpful hosts, the location and the reasonable cost. Breakfast (a large serving of always delicious fruit, coffee or tea, bananas and bread) is included, as is cable TV and Wi-Fi. ”
- 01 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Elena Borgen is not the current name of this hostel. It's called The Nicaragua Guesthouse. The staff are very helpful and polite. The hostel is close to a shopping center, which has fast food. If you're looiing for a meal and don't want to take a cab, you should go to the La Colonia supermercado and eat in the cafteteria. ”
- 08 Jan 2015 Geronimo USA
- “ I will definitely stay at this hostel again the next time I am in Managua. Located in a quiet residential area, it is only a short walk to the Multicentro Las Americas Mall with access to stores, restaurants and banks. My room was clean, comfortable and larger than I expected for the price. Breakfast is included, which was a heaping bowl of fresh, tasty fruit along with coffee and some sweet rolls. The lady who runs the hostel and the staff were always available and always very helpful. ”
- 07 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA