Fat Cod Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Needs TLC Close to the ferry and iSite and my bed was clean and comfy but I can't rate it very high. The place is old, worn and sad. The kitchen gear was as old as I've seen & not enough coffee mugs. No power points in the bedrooms, only old poor quality VHS movies. You get 100 mb of internet free and can buy a gig of internet for $5. which is pretty good. Aside from the backpackers who were there, the place just didn't have a very good vibe! A bit of love & happier staff would go a long way! ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ This place had a weird vibe. The other backpackers were cool & friendly but the staff seemed to be more interested in making their own jobs easy & seamless than they cared about their guests. I felt like the whole place is tired and sad. ”
- 13 Feb 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ The price wasn't cheap, the property was run down and the facilities were all very dated..pity. The two ladies running the place seemed a little 'what choice have you got?' in their attitude, again a pity. Lastly location was a stones throw from the ferry but conversely the place backed onto the railway lines (spitting distance) and so sleep was problematic. ”
- 18 Apr 2012 William