Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Ideal location for pretty much everything in Austin. Great breakfast. Offer lots of activity options and the bar downstairs is cool. Beds and bathrooms were average. Not amazingly spacious or ultrahygenic; but everything was upkept and clean. Can be a little noisy at night but hey its a hostel and people are on vacation. Everywhere is going to be a little noisy. I'd 100% reccomend this hostel. ”
- 22 Jul 2014 Amanda USA
- “ Not the best hostel for me. Bathrooms were sort of messy and staff could have been more...nice. I still believe that for those who just want to party, this is just perfect hostel. ”
- 20 Jul 2014 Veera Finland
- “ Great place in the middle of Austin. Good staff, facilities and a fine breakfast. ”
- 17 Jul 2014 Lone
- “ Broken bathrooms, old mattresses really should be fixed. Decent breakfast was a bonus, and complimentary ear buds a nice (but necessary) touch. ”
- 18 May 2014 Jonathan Australia
- “ Really enjoyed my stay here. Unbeatable location, close to everything. Wonderful staff. Loved the vintage feel of the building. Clean facilities. Deluxe dorms have bigger/nicer beds and bigger lockers, worth the upgrade. Breakfast was stellar with fresh fruit and pastries, cereal and bagels. Bar was busy and had a great vibe with live band. Tip: bathrooms on 3rd floor are way nicer, better for showering/getting ready. ”
- 26 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ We loved staying at the Firehouse. The atmosphere is not the most social, but the downstairs bar is super cool and you can meet both travelers and locals there. Awesome daily happy hour from 5-8 and cool pub crawls led by hostel staff. ”
- 24 Mar 2014 Kate USA