Flying Pig Beach Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ wonderful place, the staff is very friendly, i really enjoy the time in the place. ”
- 26 Jul 2016 Anonymous Mexico
- “ The location makes it a great place to visit many places from and the 4€ shuttle to 'dam is a great deal. The beach is very nice, I'm told warm enough to swim as well! Leiden is where the nearest coffee shops are, and although they don't open until 5, the town is lovely.(they open earlier in' dam and The Hague) We had en suite shared rooms, but the en suite bit isn't necessary so I'd advise against that. Guests and staff all friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend the place! ”
- 02 Jun 2016 Christopher
- “ Really full rooms with no ladder for bunks and it's super loud ( in the room downstairs) with bass coming through the walls and ceiling non stop but nothing too bad. The people were awesome. A mix of locals and visitors as its kinda the only night life in the village. The location is beautiful if you wanted to get out of the city a bit. A clean beautiful empty beach literally across the street. And if you want to get into the city just make sure to sign up for the 40 minute shuttle to and from. ”
- 13 Apr 2016 Allyssa USA
- “ I stayed here b/c there was some event going on inside the city jacking up the prices but this turned out to be a fantastic place! The staff was super friendly and helpful. If you want something quiet this isn't the spot since the weekends host DJ's and lots of locals come and hang out but if you're into that it's a blast! Plus you're across from the beach! My only warning is to make sure you book that shuttle ahead of time or else you're going to be stuck taking the earlier one or a bus home! ”
- 08 Apr 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Hostel was clean a kitchen in. So you could do proper food it had a smoking area inside and out the back. I stayed in 3 hostels in Amsterdam but they weren't as good as the flying pig beach. Will stay at this hostel again. ”
- 25 Mar 2016 Dale william