Formosa Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Stayed in either 2B or 2C and the room was really dirty. Rooms weren't swept and there was hair all over the carpet, on the floor, and even on the beds assigned to us! (Meaning they didn't change the bedsheets after the guests left) Really disappointed with our stay here as the ventilation is bad and the air con wasn't turned on for us the second night!!!!! (No idea why) common Room area was really hot and humid. Hostel staff wasn't able to give us much info about hualien either ”
- 13 Jul 2014 Anonymous Singapore
- “ Staff very helpful and friendly. Very clean enviroment worth the money. Will come back. ”
- 27 Mar 2014 Seow Yeok
- “ Best location, nice staff, relax atmosphere.... highly recommend single room ”
- 20 Mar 2014 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ Without doubt one of the best hostels we stayed in during our trip in taiwan. Very friendly staff who can provide you with all the essentials you need for a good trip. Hostel has a very relaxed atmosphere, which stimulates interaction between travelers (sharing experiences ect.). Great location, easy to get around wether you want to explore Hualien or Taroko gorge. ”
- 20 Nov 2013 Luuk
- “ PROS: Helpful staff with maps/suggestions for Hualien and surrounding area. Nice common area with plenty of seating. Large selection of alcohol at front desk. CONS: I think my bed had bedbugs. My mattress smelled like chemicals. 1st floor restroom smelled like a sewer. ”
- 11 Nov 2013 Arne USA