Fortaleza Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel was located in Old San Juan, which is a huge tourist area. Everything in Old San Juan is walkable, but I do not recommend driving in this area due to heavy traffic. The hostel itself was below average, but I guess I should not expect too much from a hostel in this area. I would recommend staying in a nicer hostel or a hotel. We paid $25 per night per person, and it was not worth it. Pros: AC, low cost, good location Cons: Unclean, bathrooms were horrible, loud (all hours) ”
- 30 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location in Old San Juan. May behoove you to bring and use a pair of ear plugs-especially if staying on a room facing the street. Two bathrooms. One itty bitty bathroom with a toilet, awkward shower and no sink. The other bathroom is a large room, toilet, normal size shower and sink. ”
- 22 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ this price only can enjoy this room. cant be more.the location is excellent. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Anonymous China
- “ The hostel does not convince through its rooms, common area or whatsoever. But it is decent and clean enough to feel good about staying there. And it is just awesome in its location!! This is by far the best located hostel in San Juan. So you pay for the location and it is worth the money. Recommended! ”
- 31 Dec 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ Staff is not bilingual. They do not take credit cards - cash only. ”
- 13 May 2014 Prithviraj USA