Franz Josef Montrose
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel owners are really lovely! Free breakfast was a treat (even if it is basic), and free vegetable soup in the evenings was much appreciated! The only thing that let it down was that it was freezing throughout the entire hostel (make sure you wrap up!), and that there was limited sinks to use in the shared bathrooms. However the free hot tub really helped us after our Franz Josef Glacier valley walks :). ”
- 29 May 2016 Anonymous England
- “ I had an amazing time at this hostel! The staff were very friendly and accommodating!! The soup was very tasty and there was a different soup on each night that I was there. I will just say there was no security box to lock up belongings. However, the staff did keep it behind a desk for me and were very friendly about it. It was not a party hostel either which was perfect for my needs. I would stay again in the future for sure and recommend to anyone I know who goes to Franz Josef :) ”
- 09 May 2016 Katie Canada
- “ + Excellent staff at the reception, always in good mood, ready to help, nice and friendly. Great idea with serving evening soup. - Hostel is too large and busy, I prefer smaller, cosy spot, family business. But that is only my subjective opinion, it's not a hostel fault. ”
- 23 Jan 2016 Blanka Czech Republic
- “ Really kind and considerate staff allowing my mum brother and I to have a room to ourselves. Very generous with a great location and facilities. Thank you. ”
- 21 Dec 2015 Nola