Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location!! Just a hop, skip, and jump away from the Egyptian museum! Very easy to have taxi find area and hostel! Peter and the whole staff really took care of me. From helping me book a mini trip to luxor to having a tea ready every time it got back from a city adventure. HIGHLY recommend for anyone traveling!! ”
- 23 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I am a solo traveler studying Arabic at a language institute in Cairo. The location and price of the accommodation I chose was therefore important. Peter's Freedom Hostel in downtown Cairo does not disappoint on either criteria!! The hostel is centrally located in one of the most happening places in downtown Cairo and he offers the most competitive prices out of all the hostels in the city. The hostel is surrounded by electronics stores, clothes shops and an abundance of restaurant's serving tr ”
- 10 Jul 2014 paul England
- “ You know that song, "Simply the best...better than all the rest!" Well Freedom Hostel is it! I am a world traveler and utilize hostels like you: save money - see more. In Cairo, being a single, female traveler can be overwhelming, and the need for a 'fly swatter' to ward off the unwanted advances of men is a necessity. Freedom Hostel was my oasis. Peter, kind, gentle, fair and concerned for his guests experiences. He took my fragmented wishes of what to see and made them a reality...for cheap! ”
- 07 Feb 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ It was comfortable stay I wish I could stay some more days. ”
- 12 Jun 2013 Anonymous Japan