Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Fantastic location and staff! Close to the Egyptian Museum/Tahrir Square and walkable (30+ min) to most of the other sites. The building itself looks old from the outside, but all the facilities are modern and very clean. Make sure to try the tea that they will undoubtedly offer... it's tastes amazing. ”
- 22 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location!! Just a hop, skip, and jump away from the Egyptian museum! Very easy to have taxi find area and hostel! Peter and the whole staff really took care of me. From helping me book a mini trip to luxor to having a tea ready every time it got back from a city adventure. HIGHLY recommend for anyone traveling!! ”
- 23 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I am a solo traveler studying Arabic at a language institute in Cairo. The location and price of the accommodation I chose was therefore important. Peter's Freedom Hostel in downtown Cairo does not disappoint on either criteria!! The hostel is centrally located in one of the most happening places in downtown Cairo and he offers the most competitive prices out of all the hostels in the city. The hostel is surrounded by electronics stores, clothes shops and an abundance of restaurant's serving tr ”
- 10 Jul 2014 paul England