Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Right of the bat, we were met with an extremely rude staff. This was on Friday, February 3, 2017 at around 3:45ish pm. I gave him the courtesy of spelling my last name and was met with a harsh comeback of this is Chicago and we are multilingual. That is great, but I am from Los Angeles, even there I get asked to spell my last name. Other than that the rest of the staff was great, facilities are nice, rooms are clean, and location is great! I would return but beware there are rude staff present. ”
- 03 Feb 2017 Stephanie USA
- “ I've never been in such a clean, beautiful and vibrant hostel in my years of traveling til I stayed at freehand. Staff and guests were so nice and amazing! A must recommend for anyone trying to stay in Chicago :) ”
- 24 Oct 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location at the north end of the Magnificent Mile, and right next to Eataly, but sort of a long walk from the train. During the summer there was a lot of construction outside and the sound made it difficult to sleep. I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm. The windows open but also there is a thermostat and working heat/AC in the room. Door to my room took extra effort to open and close, and sometimes roommates did not pull the door closed before leaving. Private restroom in dorm. ”
- 29 Jun 2016 Caitriona USA
- “ Very good place! I was in 4 bed female room. It was perfect! With privat spaces! On 10th floor! Also breakfast was good! Location is good too! Hightly recomended! ”
- 28 Jun 2016 Alexey Russia
- “ Terrific place and really cool environment. Felt a lot more upscale than I expected out of a hostel. ”
- 26 Apr 2016 Anonymous Canada