Friend Street Hostel & Café
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Breakfast was not good by any means. Consider it not there when selecting hostels. ”
- 14 Oct 2013 Anonymous Egypt
- “ It is a nice hostel. Clean and Cozy! ”
- 14 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ We stayed at Friends hostel for four nights. It is a great location and although it was a good stay, I dont think it was the best value for money. Most staff members were helpful and went out of their way. But the beds were really squeeky which made it hard to get a good nights rest. It was a little noisy and the room was a little cramped. Breakfast was good! Had a really cool common area. Good hostel, but I think it was too pricey given the stay. ”
- 14 Oct 2013 Sofia Australia
- “ It seems many reviewers have not stayed at hostels before. This hostel is not luxurious. Think of sharing everything, there is little privacy but that is expected from a hostel. No employee was rude, they were pretty accomodating. We met a few other backpackers/roomates who seemed very nice and educated. The not so good parts were: (1)the street noise, but that is what you get when you are staying downtown. and (2) the mattresses were quite noisy because they are wrapped in plastic. ”
- 11 Oct 2013 Telma A. USA
- “ Walking distance into the city centre and 1 block down from TD Gardens stadium and train stations .... Staff very friendly and helpful. loved the idea of them doing the laundry - washed and folded - wooo hooo - as I have been on the road I while I hate doing laundry. ”
- 06 Oct 2013 Anthony Australia
- “ This hostel is in a great location in Boston, the common room is nice, and the free breakfast and cafe are pretty good. However, it's a pretty big rip-off. $50+/night for an uncomfortable bed in a dorm room. The manager is rude, gives everyone an attitude, and obviously hates his job. I've stayed at hostels in 3rd world countries that are much better than this one. Has potential to be good, but I can't recommend this at all. Couch Surfing is a much better option in Boston with nicer people. ”
- 03 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA