Friends Paying Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The location of the hostel is about 15 mins walk to the Taj Mahal which is great and there are some street vendors on the way, so you can pick up snacks. The staff seemed pretty helpful Cleanliness left something to be desired--the bathroom had a lot of scum and the mattress had a number of stains--if I hadn't had my own sleep sheet I probably would've felt a bit grossed out. All in all though, I'd stay again. ”
- 23 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ A dark basement room, without window and shower is honestly not what I was looking for. Cheap yes, but even worth 250 IRupies, I would definetely not recommand to another person who is travelling alone!!! and for sure not go back myself! ”
- 18 May 2013 Marita Switzerland
- “ Hostel is very close to Taj Mahal . Clean and Nice ”
- 09 Mar 2013 Anonymous India
- “ The guy who run the guesthouse is the typical cheater:First, we booked 1room with bathroom at a certain price weeks in advance and when we arrive he told us that that room was not available and he would give us another1with shared toilet. The room was incredibly noisy. Secondly, he offered us (and does this to every gest) a tour including all the Agra attractions that costed more than the double of what we then paid by ourselves (and we did the same and in the same conditions!!). NOT RECOMMENDED ”
- 26 Feb 2013 Anonymous Jamaica
- “ The family that runs the guesthouse do in fact live there, they treat it as their home, and the visitors as their guests. A son does check-ins, mother does the cooking of everything off the menu, etc. They were very friendly, more than happy to help, and eager to resolve any issue as quickly as possible. With a less than 10 minute walk to the Taj ticket buying center, the locations couldn't be better. (assuming the taj is the reason for your visit to Agra) ”
- 06 Feb 2013 Anonymous Israel
- “ Bilial and his family were excellent,extremely helpful with directions & arranging transport.the food was fresh and tasty.It really is a short walk to the Taj from there. Peter ”
- 14 Jan 2013 Peter England