Frienz.com Backpackers Accommodation Auckland
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This is a big-city hostel, with all that comes with that--late-night drunken idiots included, which is not at all the fault of the hostel. However, it would be nice, if possible, to have not only a separate quiet room, which was a huge benefit, but a separate room for watching movies/TV and perhaps one for the people who wish to make noise. ”
- 06 Dec 2015 Marla USA
- “ I booked and paid a deposit. Travelled 400 kms, extremely tired, had trouble finding parking, paid for parking, dragged all my gear on a hill and up two flights of stairs only to be rejected by the reception saying only International guests and no New Zealanders. I booked, confirmed and called on the time of arrival. Why didn't they say no New Zealanders during the booking? I got no refund and was put on the street. I slept in my car. Worst experience in my life in my own country. ”
- 04 Nov 2015 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ Great spot in the city, staff is friendly, Thursday Bar Crawl is a must.. Wireless Internet is Expensive and not reliable other than that I really enjoyed the place. ”
- 24 Sep 2015 Justin USA
- “ Location is right in the center of the city, the staff is super friendly, the facilities are thoroughly cleaned daily... everything you could want in a hostel. It's not too big, which I quite liked because it gives you the chance to get to know people better. Only downside is that being here in winter is very cold and I don't think they heat the building at all! So if you visit during NZ winter, bring warm things to sleep in. Other than that, great! Also nice to have a liquor store next to it :) ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Gwendolyn USA