Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The room was very crammed with little privacy, bathrooms were very tight and inconvenient, hostel is situated on the other side of grand canal from San Marco so you have to pay 7.5 euro every time to get on the boat to go back and forth so this is 15 euro right there for going to main island.Also you have to pay for breakfast. ”
- 12 Sep 2016 Anonymous USA
“ I actually loved the location - I was worried about being on a separate island, but it's easy to find and only 1-2 stops away from San Marco (one of the main vaporetto stops) or the stops near Salute (lower part of the island that the train/bus arrive at). If you're under 30 the Rolling Venice card + 72hr vaporetto pass are a great deal (28 euro) and you should go to the other islands anyway. Rooms were really cramped and shower was broken in our room, but otherwise fine - classic Venice. ”
Dear Guest, thank you for your review following your stay with us Sorry to hear you were cramped in your room and that the shower was broken , this has been shared with our team here. We are glad that you enjoyed the hostel and our facilities we hope to welcome you back in another occasion Best wishes, Venice Team
- 22 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA
“ Neat looking place, although a little bit away from the main attractions. Food was good and the décor was very appealing but the bathrooms were dirty with mold and the staff seemed like they could care less about the guests. You had to drag help out of them even when you asked for it. ”
Dear Guest, Firstly can we thank you for sharing your comments after your recent stay in Venice. Guest feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it helps us improve our service and facilities for yourself and all of our future guests. We are sorry to hear that you thought the people were not very nice. Our staff are trained to make guests welcome and I’m sure if you got anything other than warm greetings it was not intentional. Our apologies if you experienced any inconvenience Please rest assured that we treat all such feedback seriously and afford it due attention. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Venice. Best regards Venice Team
- 09 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA
“ This hostel was very nice. The location requires a quick ride to the main areas of Venice, but was worth it. The staff was not the most friendly, but we were very pleased with how nice the facilities were, including the plethora of bathrooms and showers. ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed both your stay with us and that you found the location ideal we certainly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a repeat! Warm regards Venice Team
- 19 May 2016 Anonymous USA
“ the location of the hostel had goods and bads. Great view of the main island, calm and peaceful away from the crowds and tourists, but it can be a hustle when you just need to pass by the hostel to pick or leave something. it can also take longer when you have to wait for the night boat at certain night hours.
this was the only hostel where i had to pay for a towel and a map. other than that, great atmosphere, interior design and new facilities. ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate all your comments good or bad as it gives us a great guide on how we can improve our customer service and facilities. All your comments will be shared with the relevant departments for review. We hope to welcome you back to Venice in the near future. Kind regards Venice Team
- 07 May 2016 Anonymous Colombia
“ The locker was old and hard to operate in my dorm room. There's a great bar with a fast internet connection in the lobby. It's close to the (7 euro) water taxi to take you over to Venice. The Generator Hostel is between a pizza place and a Chinese/Italian restaurant which are both much cheaper than eating in Venice. There's nothing else to do on this island though. ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your comments both positive and negative as it really helps us to make our guests have an enjoyable stay and they will be shared with the team. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best wishes Venice Team
- 24 Apr 2016 Dennis Ireland
“ What is it with Italians and how all staff members are alway so incredibly annoyed with everything and anyone? Maybe I'm from a country were the hospitality norms are very high but every time I'm amazed of how inhospitable the people are.
Also apparently the generator franchise doesn't offer a kitchen to use and even forbids any food or drinks within the building. Not 'hostel' like. On the other side, the building, furniture en look of the hostel is amazing. Location is amazing
6.5 out 10 ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We welcome all feedback as it gives us a great indication of how we can improve our services/facilities, so we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us. If you wish to talk about any aspect of your stay further please feel contact our Ops Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org We hope that you will return sometime in the future. Kind regard Venice Team
- 26 Jan 2016 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Everything was good, the bar downstairs is a great place to meet new people (I met great guys), one bathroom did not work, but the facilities and staff were nice in general. You have to pay like 7 euros every time you cross the river to get to touristic part of Venice, I would stay ther again though. ”
- 29 Dec 2015 Anonymous Mexico
- “ The only problem I'd mention is that the hostel is not on the man island. It's only one/two stops (depends on the line) of water bus to get to San Marco but these are not cheap.. Everything else was cool and clean, maybe a little bit more positive attitude from the staff ”
- 06 Dec 2015 Anonymous Israel
- “ Getting to the hostel was no problem at all, and the location is quite ideal—the most popular tourist hotspot is just one stop away by ferry. The mixed dorm was very clean and the bathrooms were spick and span. Overall a great place to stay in for the price that you're paying. ”
- 03 Dec 2015 Anonymous Philippines