Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ the location of the hostel had goods and bads. Great view of the main island, calm and peaceful away from the crowds and tourists, but it can be a hustle when you just need to pass by the hostel to pick or leave something. it can also take longer when you have to wait for the night boat at certain night hours.
this was the only hostel where i had to pay for a towel and a map. other than that, great atmosphere, interior design and new facilities. ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate all your comments good or bad as it gives us a great guide on how we can improve our customer service and facilities. All your comments will be shared with the relevant departments for review. We hope to welcome you back to Venice in the near future. Kind regards Venice Team
- 07 May 2016 Anonymous Colombia
“ The locker was old and hard to operate in my dorm room. There's a great bar with a fast internet connection in the lobby. It's close to the (7 euro) water taxi to take you over to Venice. The Generator Hostel is between a pizza place and a Chinese/Italian restaurant which are both much cheaper than eating in Venice. There's nothing else to do on this island though. ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your comments both positive and negative as it really helps us to make our guests have an enjoyable stay and they will be shared with the team. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best wishes Venice Team
- 24 Apr 2016 Dennis Ireland
“ What is it with Italians and how all staff members are alway so incredibly annoyed with everything and anyone? Maybe I'm from a country were the hospitality norms are very high but every time I'm amazed of how inhospitable the people are.
Also apparently the generator franchise doesn't offer a kitchen to use and even forbids any food or drinks within the building. Not 'hostel' like. On the other side, the building, furniture en look of the hostel is amazing. Location is amazing
6.5 out 10 ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We welcome all feedback as it gives us a great indication of how we can improve our services/facilities, so we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us. If you wish to talk about any aspect of your stay further please feel contact our Ops Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org We hope that you will return sometime in the future. Kind regard Venice Team
- 26 Jan 2016 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Everything was good, the bar downstairs is a great place to meet new people (I met great guys), one bathroom did not work, but the facilities and staff were nice in general. You have to pay like 7 euros every time you cross the river to get to touristic part of Venice, I would stay ther again though. ”
- 29 Dec 2015 Anonymous Mexico
- “ The only problem I'd mention is that the hostel is not on the man island. It's only one/two stops (depends on the line) of water bus to get to San Marco but these are not cheap.. Everything else was cool and clean, maybe a little bit more positive attitude from the staff ”
- 06 Dec 2015 Anonymous Israel
- “ Getting to the hostel was no problem at all, and the location is quite ideal—the most popular tourist hotspot is just one stop away by ferry. The mixed dorm was very clean and the bathrooms were spick and span. Overall a great place to stay in for the price that you're paying. ”
- 03 Dec 2015 Anonymous Philippines
- “ Nice hostel, but the rooms were noisy. Noise went late in to the night from the bar downstairs (open to all). Probably would not stay there again. ”
- 09 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Lobby is in a night club / lounge setting. You would not find the check in desk right off the bat after a long exhausting travel commute. Its new construction and facility. Only thing stood out to me was the long wait for the bathroom since the bathroom is not separate from the shower area. So if someone lock the door to take a shower or use the toilet, all others have to wait. But the do have one extra shared bathrooms in the hall way but its the similar design. Could have been better designed. ”
- 05 Sep 2015 Peng China
- “ My second favorite hoste by far! Atmosphere is great and they had conditioning which was awesome. Really recommend this hostiel! ”
- 11 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ This was by far the best hostel i stayed in during my trip around europe, staying in about 9 hostels all together, the only very minor issue was the location because it was on another island across from venice but so so easy to get to, the staff were so friendly and the bar and hang out area couldnt of been better!! the rooms were also superb. ”
- 29 Jul 2015 Anonymous England