Global Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Loved our stay here. Only negative was that we didn't expect to be charged an additional 13% on top of the already quoted "total price". Usually if it's a price before taxes they call it a "subtotal". Otherwise, great place, great atmosphere. We'd love to come back. ”
- 31 Oct 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ A really nice little hostel. We had the room on the top floor with two twin beds and it even had a private bathroom and little balcony. Great location right next to subway. Only complaint was that there was very little sense of community. The hostel was full two of the nights we were there, but we didn't meet a single other person staying there. We were fine just doing our own thing, but if you're traveling alone and looking to meet people in the hostel this might not be the place for you. ”
- 28 Jul 2015 Heather USA
- “ A wonderful hostel that feels more like a B&B. Great old house and the location can't be beat; it is right beside both subway lines and a major streetcar route, and it is walking distance away from great sites like Chinatown, Kensington market, Queen Street, Yorkville, AGO, Eaton Centre, and more (actually most of downtown). Our room looked much like my bedroom when I actually lived in the Annex: colourful, artsy and very comfortable. Quiet at night; not a 'party' hostel. ”
- 28 May 2015 Malvina Canada
- “ Clean, quaint and charming. However, some of the furnishings could be updated. My bed was uncomfortable, but not terrible. The grout in the bathroom could be redone as well. I definitely did not overpay, but I am not sorry I stayed there. It was like sleeping in a friends spare bedroom. I would recommend this place to people looking for inexpensive accommodations. ”
- 09 Jan 2015 Daniel USA