Gojo Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The facilities could improve. ”
- 23 May 2014 Anonymous Mexico
- “ A great place with a fantastic and welcoming staff and amazing japanese-style bedrooms (tatami and futon) which create a very traditional japanese atmosphere. I don't wan't to miss that experience on my trip through Japan. ”
- 20 Apr 2014 Verena Germany
- “ This place is amazing, walking distance to kiyomizu-dera and gion you couldn't ask for more in a hostel. The staff are friendly, helpful and always up for a chat (in English)The place is traditional and rustic with a great atmosphere, the cafe downstairs was a welcome change to most other hostels. The only negative is that it's not walking distance to a train station, but the staff redily provide you with a bus and location map to counter this. If I'm in Kyoto again I will be staying here again. ”
- 17 Apr 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Nice traditional japanese style hostel with super friendly staff. There is a cafe downstair where you can grab a drink, do readings, chat and plan your trip. Definitely recommended! ”
- 26 Jan 2014 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ I really liked that place, especially the atmosphere of the hostel :) ”
- 25 Nov 2013 Anonymous Turkey
- “ The location was very convenient and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and the overall atmosphere was good. ”
- 14 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA