Golden Island Guesthouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The internet stopped working so we got a refund and moved to a different location. ”
- 04 Feb 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Free sleepers, towels, drinking water, fridge, TV, hairdryer, kettle and cups, toilet paper. Daily rooms cleaning. Staff is very helpful and courteous. Rooms are pretty small, but quite enough to sleep in :) All public transportation is very near, so you can easily get to the airport express bus station, MTR, China Ferry Terminal and the places of interest which are located in Kowloon. Everything is accessible on foot. ”
- 12 Jan 2014 Anonymous Russia
- “ The hostel was so awful as the reasons below - We are unable to lock the door when we arrived yet we have changed our room. It spend us a lot of time trying to lock and unlock the room. - The location is near to MRT but surprisingly we are staying in a 1970s apartment without much refurbish. - The lift was so old and it was shaking on every floor it stops yet we felt frighten ”
- 24 Dec 2013 Chee Yuen Malaysia
- “ + Hot shower, kettle + cups, toilet paper - One towel for two people, no drinking water ”
- 19 Dec 2013 Anonymous Ukraine
- “ This is my third time to be at this hostel. The value for your money is worth it. I just hope they will put more staff that can talk and understand English. ”
- 11 Nov 2013 Anonymous Philippines
- “ Be prepared for a staff that knows only a few English phrases, and be aware that even tho their address is listed as the 7th floor, check-in is on the 9th floor in Room 3. Also, pay attention to the elevators as one goes to even-numbered floors and the other to odd-numbered. ”
- 04 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA