Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Limited hours in office open at 3pm-7pm but worry for travelers will come late after 9pm? ”
- 23 Sep 2016 John New Zealand
- “ Excelent hostel, just a walking distance from all Niagara Falls state park attractions. ”
- 13 Sep 2016 Carlos Colombia
- “ The place is very clean and large . The only thing that is not satisfied is the bed which makes noise when turning over , I can't fall asleep for the whole night :(because one roommate turn over again and agian ... ”
- 13 Aug 2016 QI China
“ We were only there for one night, but I'd go back or suguest to friends. Excellent place to stay when you see the falls. ”
Well you should come back for a few more nights!!! With the free shuttle available to take guests 14 miles down river to Lake Ontario and Fort Niagara with many other stops along the way you have more to see and do. But I'm glad you enjoyed it. Being close to the waterfall makes seeing that too easy. Enjoy the rest of your travels.
- 31 May 2016 Tracey New Zealand
“ I had a comfort day here and the manager was kind. The room is so clean and large. ”
I am glad you had a comfortable stay. I try to be kind to everyone but it is pretty easy we have such great guests and it is even easier when they are lovely young ladies. Thanks for staying.
- 15 May 2016 Anonymous South Korea
“ Jeff is an amazing host. You should have sometime separate just to talk to him. It was a pleasure staying at Gorge View. I would love to go back any day. ”
Well I hope you come back and it's so easy being amazing we tend to have the most amazing guests. Thank you for the review.
- 23 Nov 2015 Anonymous India
“ Excellent location, easy walk to the Falls or downtown and easy parking. The atmosphere was mediocre at best. Decoration was sparse, cold and modern and not terribly comfortable. The DVD system didn't work. The bedrooms were also sparsely decorated with uncomfortable mattresses. Locker space was good though, two lockers per bed. The staff was helpful with tourist information, but wasn't all that warm and friendly. Overall: great location, adequate but mediocre and unremarkable acomodations. ”
Ouch! Well, you have some points. I haven't done much decorating, in the two years since purchasing this 140 year old building the focus has been on renovation and that's where we focus all the effort. It's a ten year plan to restore this building to splendor we are sure it held in it's early history. As for atmosphere there's another area we kinda leave up to guests... everyday it's a new personality and as an owner operator who has literally only seen one hostel, I'm always learning from guests. As we grow and develop we will begin to improve the atmosphere, no inspiration to be a party hostel but a fun cool hostel I think that's possible. NOTE ON THE DVD PLAYER.... We have to switch cables from the cable box to the DVD. If you want to watch a movie, we'll first show you where the secret stash of movies is and I will switch the cable over for you. I will need to put a sign out. But thank you for the constructive criticism. You have provided plenty for me to improve on.
- 18 Nov 2015 William USA
- “ A very pleasant stay, close as you can get to everything you want to see, I had a great stay. ”
- 07 Nov 2015 PAUL England
- “ We really enjoyed talking with the host! ”
- 28 Oct 2015 Edy USA
- “ I will be recommending to anyone going to Niagara falls. Jeff is so great. He even a taxi ready for me when I arrived. The location is outstanding. I plan to go back ”
- 10 Oct 2015 Glenda USA