Grand Hostel Budapest
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel was nice but in very noisy place.As windows had to be opened because of hot weather, noise was big and was not possible to sleep and rest. As hostel is in very old wooden building walls do not keep noise and we could hear all what neighbors do. Staff was nice and helpful, city center is a bit far but transport was good even at nights so it was not big problem. ”
- 28 Aug 2015 Anita Finland
- “ We stayed at this same hostel in 2011 and absolutely loved it. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, helpful and nice. The rooms were decent (for the price) and the bathrooms were decent. There was breakfast every morning and tons of young people. Our recent stay will result in our never returning to this hostel. The staff was terrible, rude and seemed bored/annoyed by our presence. They make you pay cash only to stay, the bathrooms were disgusting, and we will never be staying again. ”
- 03 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very friendly and quiet place. Check-in and the bar are one-in-the-same. It was a journey from downtown Pest and the train station, but it makes up for it being a relaxing and homey place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They spoke great English and had recommendations for food and transfer to the airport (Cab was 45 min and 8500 HUF). We stayed one night and were happy staying here. If you want to experience the bar scene in Budapest, stay closer to the city center. Beware low ceilings ”
- 15 Aug 2014 Chad USA