Grande Hostel de Coimbra
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Staff is uptight, unfriendly and not helpful. ”
- 07 Aug 2016 Eva Slovenia
- “ One of my favorites hostels ever. The interior of the building is simply beautiful, the common room is comfy, there's place to chill outside, the kitchen is cozy, the dorms are comfortable, and the bathrooms/showers are clean. The staff was friendly, although they forgot to tell me the codes to the front gate and door. Nothing bad happened but it could have, since I don't have a phone. Apart from that, there was no problem. If you visit Coimbra, and you should, Grande Hostel is a great choice. ”
- 06 Jun 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ The building is really old, which is not bad, but there is a lot which needs to be fixed. The linnen for the bed was really dirty, the bathrooms were ok. The staff was friendly. I´d guess it´s the normal comfort for such a low price. You can walk into city within a few minutes and you can park your car for free in the back street. ”
- 10 May 2016 Anonymous Germany
- “ Loved this hostel! The staff were excellent, and the breakfast was delicious. The room was chilly, as expected in an older building, but there were lots of extra blankets available. The hostel has a worn in feeling and has some older floors/bathrooms so it may not meet a more rigorous cleanliness test. ”
- 26 Jan 2016 Melissa Canada
- “ Good staff and ambient. ”
- 21 Nov 2015 Anonymous Portugal
- “ Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is really good and the building is beautiful. Facilities are clean. I definitely recommend the hostel! ”
- 15 Nov 2015 Katharina Germany