Green Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ close to the port for all the ferries to various islands and the "Dolphin Port" shopping complex with restaurants, gift shops and convenience stores etc. Pretty simple place. stayed in women only dorm room. clean, quiet enough. ”
- 05 Mar 2015 Melinda Australia
- “ The location is right next to the wharf and is a couple minutes walking from the ferry to Sakurajima. When the weather is nice, there is a great view of the volcano, as well. One thing that makes this hostel worth staying at is the amazing staff. We had made a mistake and were stuck in a previous location overnight, but instead of cancelling our booking and making us pay for the missed night, they moved our reservation to the next night. This is definitely a hostel worth staying at. ”
- 16 Feb 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ After getting stuck in Beppu overnight, the hostel staff was kind enough and let us move our reservation to the next day. The hostel is in a great location about a half hour walk from Kagoshimachuo station and a 5 minute walk to the ferry terminal. The beds are comfortable and clean so are the showers and toilets. Good value for your money ”
- 16 Feb 2015 Anonymous
- “ Friendly place very close to Ferry! ”
- 31 Aug 2014 Olga Russia
- “ For 1600 yen a night there isn't much to complain about. You get a private "room" and the showers are clean, plus there's a laundry facility. It stinks pretty bad, my room had that all too familiar old tatami smell, but the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. If you want better pay more and stay somewhere else, but if your on a budget it's a great place. ”
- 15 Jun 2014 Nicholas Canada
- “ Hostel is very clean and cosy, staff is friendly, but really huge disadvantage is rumour from the street. Hostel is situated really close to highway and there are very thin japanese windows. Most of the rooms is faced toward street. It was actually impossible for me to fall asleep as I felt like sleeping on the street. ”
- 13 May 2014 Patrycja Poland