Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I was in a hurry when I booked this hostel and didn't notice that tattoos aren't allowed. When I walked in I was stared at as though they'd never seen a white person before. They refused my entry because I was honest and said I had tattoos, even though they are not visible. even when I promised to keep them covered I was not allowed to stay. none of the reception team were able to recommend any other cheap hotels in the area so I was left wandering around Shinjuku at 21:30 with no place to stay ”
- 13 Sep 2014 Anonymous England
- “ I stayed here for 2 nights in 2009. I liked it so much, I stayed here again the next time I was in the area. ”
- 17 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Fun experience tbh. I was just a little afraid of my belongings being stolen, but nothing was stolen. I had a great sleep, I woke up unusually early and decided to go to the sento, there were only a few people so early in the morning (4 am) and it was great. Everything seemed clean, but I would imagine, if you have luggage, you'd have to put it in some storage area, good thing we only had backpacks. Overall, good experience. I would do it again. I found Shinjuku to be ghetto at night though haha ”
- 23 May 2014 Anonymous Philippines
- “ Super clean and it has all the amenities a backpacker could want. Only down side was that any backpack or suitcase base to be left at reception cause there is no space at the capsule, also there is only a curtain to close off your capsule not a door so anything you leave in there isn't secure. But the bag checking system is totally secure even if it's a little annoying that you have to go back to reception if you need something from your bag. Great experience, I'd reccomend to everyone! ”
- 05 Apr 2014 Carter USA
- “ My friend was sick and i ask them to going in to hostel and help my friend which we stayed one night before that night. They didn't allowed me to go in without check in. And i paid 4.000 yen for check in, for helping my friend. And also my friend was so bad i told them to call an ambulance and they did thanks to God. They gave us our shoes and we wear it, but they said "it is not allowed to wear your shoes in facilities". But the only thing they thought about is shoes. I don't like that place... ”
- 30 Dec 2013 Anonymous Turkey