Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Out of all the hostels that I stayed in this was the worst....I did not feel safe ... the showers and toilets were terrible..its open for any 1 to stay in .. no lift and no assistance to take luggage up the stairs.... AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!! ”
- 04 Oct 2013 Anthony Australia
- “ If you're looking to visit new york with friends and sleep for cheap not to far from manhattan, this is the hostel for you. Staff was really friendly and nice, and the rooms and bathrooms were very clean! But if you are a single person on a trip looking to make friends, I would not recommend this as the atmosphere is kind of weird and there is not too much people in the hostel, especially not young people. Still, for my needs, I'm very glad I chose this hostel! ”
- 28 Jul 2013 Isabelle Canada
- “ My Greek friend and I had that worst housing experience of our lives. The place was in a horrible stuffy old building, nasty shared bathrooms with homeless ghetto middle aged men smoking in them and all over the floor despite the no smoking signs. Rooms with dirty walls and cheap towels that left strands all over my body. The only positive things I could say is that it's in a nice area and the front desk workers did a fair job. The 3rd night we took a big loss by staying at good hotel instead. ”
- 24 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ We had a bad experience with especially the cleanliness of this hostel. Hairs in the beds, and bathrooms that were so dirty and gross that we hardly dared to even go to the toilet, let alone take a shower. Luckily, the staff was pretty ok (we even met some VERY NICE staff members), and we could leave after one night without too much problems. They solved it very good, and I think that's a big plus. I will, however, try and avoid YMCA's in the future.. Also: there's NO WIFI! ”
- 12 Mar 2013 Godelieve Netherlands