Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ No contest - this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It felt more like visiting an uncle at his home than staying in a hostel. Beautiful, quiet location in the woods, easy to get to. The building itself is beautiful and full of character. The kitchen is great, it was so neat to use such nice plates, cookware and tea sets. The beds were extremely comfortable - as were the pillows and linens. They are actually sturdy, wooden beds. Loved the library and wood stove with the fire at night. ”
- 25 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ The cottage and hosts are the best! Had one of most relaxing, or the most, ever stay. No lights and wifi heaven, and Kenmare is a tidy welcoming town, came alone and left many friends. Music and food great! ”
- 26 Nov 2015 Anonymous Spain
- “ Our room was very dirty, a lot of dust on the floor, not to mention half a dozen of spiders.... When we arrived at the reception it was like we were not expected to come despite our booking. The staff was neither professional nor welcoming. It was very disappointing. This place should be avoided. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Anonymous France