Guest House Kinta
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This place is quite traditional, a wooden Japanese house with stoop steps upstairs. The neighborhood is so lovely. The room and other facilities are clean. The common area is quite small though, but with a real Japanese touch (there is a counter bar with the landlady behind it like in a restaurant). You can walk 5-10 mins to find Shijo street heading towards Yasaka-jinja and, of course, the famous Gion. Pontocho and the Kamo river are also within a walking distance. Worth the money I spent :) ”
- 31 Dec 2015 Anonymous Thailand
- “ 非常乾淨，離清水寺，地鐵，花見小路都非常近，附近有便利商店，性價比高，下次來還會想入住。 ”
- 09 Aug 2015 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ The Hostel is located just where we wanted to be ...in 'old town traditional Japan area'. The fact that it is an old house and right in the Geisha district made it all the better. Getting there was easy as was moving about to see the places of interest in Kyoto (most we reached on foot). The facilities were great and met my expectations. The only draw back was the fact that communication with staff in English language was limited. However they did try to help us. ”
- 13 Jul 2015 Anonymous Malta
- “ This felt more like a low key hotel. Everything was stylishly Japanese in line with the Gion quarter near which it is placed and where you want to be headed when in Kyoto. The location is therefore excellent and I was super glad to be here. You can walk to the Geisha district or bus stops in 10 minutes or head to the castle or Imperial Palace in 30 minutes. The owner is nice but doesn't speak any English and the check in time is no sooner than 3pm. However, you can store your luggage from 9am o ”
- 02 Apr 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ Adorable little hostel located right in Gion on a picturesque Kyoto street. Within walking distance to many attractions including a public bath. Bikes available for rent at the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Multiple eateries and convenience stores within walking distance. Dorm beds were comfortable and very spacious. Could easily have fit two people in one bunk. Quiet and peaceful. ”
- 26 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA