Guest House Kinta
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This felt more like a low key hotel. Everything was stylishly Japanese in line with the Gion quarter near which it is placed and where you want to be headed when in Kyoto. The location is therefore excellent and I was super glad to be here. You can walk to the Geisha district or bus stops in 10 minutes or head to the castle or Imperial Palace in 30 minutes. The owner is nice but doesn't speak any English and the check in time is no sooner than 3pm. However, you can store your luggage from 9am o ”
- 02 Apr 2015 Annemarie Germany
- “ Adorable little hostel located right in Gion on a picturesque Kyoto street. Within walking distance to many attractions including a public bath. Bikes available for rent at the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Multiple eateries and convenience stores within walking distance. Dorm beds were comfortable and very spacious. Could easily have fit two people in one bunk. Quiet and peaceful. ”
- 26 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ As said in this guest house, it's located in Gion, a very nice part of Kyoto. Excepted that, my stay was the worst I had in a hostel : - common room close at 10pm, how would you easily talk with others backpackers and share a drink ? - staff forget during check-in to inform for door closure time and password. At the third day, get locked out, took me 20 min to convince the lady who stay at night that I had a bed here (she don't speak english and don't remember customer she saw on 2 mornings) ”
- 02 Dec 2014 Anonymous France
- “ Really beautiful hostel in a great location! The staff spoke great English, the beds were comfortable and private, and the dorms were remarkably quiet. The only bad thing about this place is how few showers and sinks there are in relation to how many beds. Still, I'd highly recommend this place for the atmosphere and location alone. ”
- 22 Nov 2014 Samantha Canada
- “ Best bang for your buck. I got 3 tatami sized room for solo person. Included towel, yukata, Japanese spa, tv and air conditioning. It is like a hotel but catered to hostel group. Shared bathroom and common bath room. The location can be a bit intimidating as there are workers lowering around in the night in the surrounding streets but it is super cheap with its fantastic facilities ”
- 03 Nov 2014 Anonymous