Guest House Yamato
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Located on the foot of Kyomizu-dera, by far the most beautiful temple of Kyoto, we felt very much at home at Yamato Guesthouse. Our hosts took good care of us and of the hijodori in the beautiful garden. Christmas in Kyoto is best spent at their guesthouse. It is clean and comfortable, the o-furo better than at home. We enjoyed enchanting live piano music, we felt part of the family. At Christmas-eve there was even christmas cake for us. In the years to come we like to come back every year. ”
- 22 Dec 2014 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ My second stay at this family-run inn. The elderly couple that run it are very kind and polite. They hardly speak any English, but have the inn's rules written down in English for you. A great place to stay if you're looking for a quiet place to relax and sleep. Party people look elsewhere. This inn has a 11 pm curfew. Nice location. Just a 5 minute or so walk to Kiyomizudera temple. ”
- 23 Mar 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ The warm hospitality that my friend and I got from the family that run this Japanese inn was second to none (perfect!). They provided tea and a snack upon our arrival. Although they did not speak English, they had explanations of how everything works written in English. Everything was super clean. The room price was very reasonable and the inn was located only a 10 minute walk to Kiyomizu temple. A very quiet place with a curfew of 11 pm makes it the ideal place for relaxing after seeing temples ”
- 10 Nov 2013 Anonymous Canada