Guest House Yamato
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ My second stay at this family-run inn. The elderly couple that run it are very kind and polite. They hardly speak any English, but have the inn's rules written down in English for you. A great place to stay if you're looking for a quiet place to relax and sleep. Party people look elsewhere. This inn has a 11 pm curfew. Nice location. Just a 5 minute or so walk to Kiyomizudera temple. ”
- 23 Mar 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ The warm hospitality that my friend and I got from the family that run this Japanese inn was second to none (perfect!). They provided tea and a snack upon our arrival. Although they did not speak English, they had explanations of how everything works written in English. Everything was super clean. The room price was very reasonable and the inn was located only a 10 minute walk to Kiyomizu temple. A very quiet place with a curfew of 11 pm makes it the ideal place for relaxing after seeing temples ”
- 10 Nov 2013 Anonymous Canada
- “ Abslutely 100% recommendable. Super friendly couple runs the place. Everything is nice, clean and in top condition. Also good homemade breakfast - japanese and western style. The only little thing that should be considered is the approx. 10min walk to the next subway station. but as the area where yamato is located in has lots to offer thats almost not worth mentioning. Yamato is a good choce! =) ”
- 18 Sep 2012 Sebastian