Guest House Yamato
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The warm hospitality that my friend and I got from the family that run this Japanese inn was second to none (perfect!). They provided tea and a snack upon our arrival. Although they did not speak English, they had explanations of how everything works written in English. Everything was super clean. The room price was very reasonable and the inn was located only a 10 minute walk to Kiyomizu temple. A very quiet place with a curfew of 11 pm makes it the ideal place for relaxing after seeing temples ”
- 10 Nov 2013 Anonymous Canada
- “ Abslutely 100% recommendable. Super friendly couple runs the place. Everything is nice, clean and in top condition. Also good homemade breakfast - japanese and western style. The only little thing that should be considered is the approx. 10min walk to the next subway station. but as the area where yamato is located in has lots to offer thats almost not worth mentioning. Yamato is a good choce! =) ”
- 18 Sep 2012 Sebastian
- “ Guesthouse Yamato is located in a brilliant spot, facing a gorgeous patch of forest, just a 5 min walk to Kiyomizu Dera(KD), with a beautiful back garden, smack in the heart of Kyoto & just 7-10 mins from a bus stop. It meant being able to get to the KD temple early in the morning (opens at 6am)when there's hardly anyone there, which is such a treat. Very clean, well lit & beautiful space. Only serious challenge was that those managing the guesthouse, though super friendly, barely spoke English! ”
- 17 Jul 2012 Susanna
- “ This is a great place to stay. The house and all the ammentities are great quality. The location of the house is great for Temple hopping. The breakfast they serve you serves as both breakfast and lunch. The owners are super nice and very accomidating. There is a curfew of midnight but with the amount of sightseeing you do in Kyoto you are tired way before midnight. Beautiful and conveinent location. ”
- 15 Apr 2012 Christopher
- “ Very nice, quite hostel. The breakfast is enormous and very good. If you look for a quite place in the center of the old city, it is the right place. If you want to party and staying out late look somewhere else. The only drawback is that it is hard to find when you are new to the city. ”
- 25 Oct 2011 Rolf