Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Guesthouse-Bon is a wonderful place to stay in Kyoto. The owner was truly fantastic and helped me to find things to do, and answered all my touristy questions. He was extremely kind and welcoming- I would recommend this place! ”
- 20 Feb 2015 Rose USA
- “ What wonderful hospitality I experiences from Guesthouse Bon! Every morning I was asked where I would like to visit in Kyoto, and I would be sat down with a city map, a bus map, and it was explained how to get where I was going, along with suggestions of other things to see along the way. The day I left I was even driven to my bus stop with my luggage! Such a generous and kind host! It was a very positive experience, and one I would gladly have again! ”
- 06 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Real Japanese House, which was a great atmosphere, which the owner is extremely helpful in everything.Very good location.The owner helped us when buying a bus ticket to Tokyo and drove us in his car at the bus stop.I recommend everyone to stay in this charming place. ”
- 14 Sep 2014 Konrad Poland
- “ This is not your average hostel. This Japanese guesthouse is managed by an incredibly friendly, kind and reliable host, who lives next door. The rooms are incredibly nice, the bathrooms and high-tech toilet are cleaned every day and though we did not cooked ourselves, the kitchen was clean and fully equipped. It's located near a shopping street with plural supermarkets, onsens, restaurants and plenty bus stations. This hostel has a hotel quality and deserves 10/10! ”
- 19 Aug 2014 Dino Netherlands
- “ I was very happy with my decision to spend a little extra on this quaint little guesthouse. It was very homey and friendly. ”
- 31 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA