Guesthouse Nara Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very good experience. The staff were really nice and helpful. Very good to chat with. ”
- 15 Aug 2014 Carlos Spain
- “ A good hostel if you are looking for a calm and quiet place. The house and garden are very nice and the staff is helpful and friendly. It's a very 'slow' hostel with a quiet atmosphere where it's a bit hard to meet other travelers since focus seems to be more on being quiet and respectful than to socialize. If this is what you're looking for it's a good place to say. Only thing I found strange was the choice of the hostel to have the lights in the dorms on at night, pretty annoying. ”
- 08 Jun 2014 Anonymous Sweden
- “ Great hostel! Everything was clean and the staff were super friendly. The bunks are really solid and comfortable. ”
- 17 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ A fantastic, cozy, hostel which is excellent value for money. During the week I spent travelling Southern Japan this hostel is the one which impressed me the most. Nara itself is a beautiful city and if you've come so far to consider staying at Nara with this hostel I urge you to just book it now! Safe travels, hope you like Deer! ”
- 04 Dec 2013 Anonymous England
- “ Thank you for being so friendly! The hostel is more than 15min walk away from the JR station. Need to have directions in how to walk there from the JR station! It is more than 3min away from world heritage sites. The location is actually pretty remote and not that close. The rooms needs to have better lighting system. Lived in female dorm...it was so dark and very very cold. Need better heating system. ”
- 16 Oct 2013 Anonymous Canada
- “ Really cool old Japanese house. The staff was very friendly and spoke English. ”
- 12 Oct 2013 Anonymous Canada