Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Everything was awesome...EXCEPT... Check in at 4pm, 3 hour wait to check in which means you get to your bed around 7pm and check out at 11 am. you pay for 24 hours and only get 16 hours. Best for people staying longer than one night. ”
- 13 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ It was a really nice place in the city center. The workers were great, they helped me to find out anything i needed, and the atmosphere were awesome. ”
- 11 Jun 2016 Antonio Spain
- “ Certainly one of the best hostels in which I have stayed, although much more costly than most (but this is Boston, where hotels cost an arm and a leg). Nevertheless, it is a modern facility with contemporary styling and is designed for heavy use. The location is unbeatable (I lived in Boston for 11 years); I would definitely stay there again. ”
- 10 Jun 2016 Keith USA
- “ The facilities seemed really great at this hostel and the location is sweet. The staff were kind and helpful, my only complaint was the wait time to check in. They hold back check-ins until 4pm, then are overloaded with the rush. I was there a few hours early, but it took me until 4:50pm to check in and many people were still waiting. Why not let people pre-check in when they arrive, then just gipve out room keys at 4? It would be much faster. Other than overloaded staff, the hostel was great. ”
- 05 Jun 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Very clean and modern. The only drawback was the temperature in the room. Too cold the whole time. I don't mind it at night but I had to put an extra layer on during the day. Pity we didn't have access to the thermostat in the room... ”
- 02 May 2016 Sonia Netherlands
- “ " Great hostel. Everything is neat and clean. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to staying at HI again. ” ”
- 23 Apr 2016 Anonymous Germany
- “ I stayed at HI Boston for four nights in April 2016. The hostel is located only a short walk from the city center, Boston Common, Chinatown and Beacon Hill. Subway stations are very close by. Everything at the hostel works as it should. The beds are comfortable, and there is a locker, plugs and lighting connected to all beds. There are plenty of restrooms with hot showers and free-of-use hair dryers. Free breakfast every morning. Luggage storage. Helpful staff. Definitely recommendable! ”
- 10 Apr 2016 Anonymous Denmark
- “ Honestly the best hostel I've been too thus far! ”
- 30 Mar 2016 Anonymous Canada
“ Pretty large hostel with 460 beds which has a negative effect on the atmosphere. Very expensive though, but: Breakfast included, many trips organized by the staff, close to the city center, pretty clean (especially the kitchen with all necessary items).
Bring a lock for your locker, otherwise you have to buy one for 5$!!
All in all a nice place to stay! ”
Thank you for your comments. We are constantly working on improving our service. Our FREE continental breakfast is served in our main dining room - a great place to meet folks around the world! I am also glad to hear you were able to participate in some of our many free activities!
- 15 Mar 2016 Marius Germany
“ A little pricey for a hostel but the facilities and atmosphere were great, super clean and the staff were really friendly. Would definitely recommend. ”
Thank you for the recommendation! Safe Travels
- 11 Mar 2016 Anonymous England