Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Good location! Walkable distance to the central subway and next to Chinatown! Sadly, the cleaning staff do not do the bed for you. Besides that rooms and toilets are satisfactory. Adequate space in the room, each bed has an adjacent locker and small compartment with a reading light. Breakfast is pretty much toast, bagel, cereal with occasional waffles. (Once out of 6 breakfasts) There is coin-slot/credit card laundry. You will need a credit card to use the computers. Cool lounge. ”
- 21 Mar 2015 Anonymous Singapore
- “ HI Boston was amazing, honestly. They have activities every day from bar crawls to improv to historical tours, and the accommodations are incredible for 30 bucks a night. The bathrooms are clean and there are enough of them that even during rush hours you can always find a free one, and they are individual not stalls which is great for privacy you don't often get in hostels. I loved it, highly recommended. ”
- 15 Mar 2015 Christine USA
- “ Thumbs up ”
- 15 Mar 2015 Sigmundur
- “ Very friendly staff ”
- 02 Mar 2015 Edward USA
- “ Very clean. Beds are comfortable. Pay parking available nearby. Great value for the price. Even after paying for parking it was much cheaper than an hotel (and you have more space to more around than in a hotel). Cozy fireplace in the lobby. Very secure-card swipe required to get into hostel, then to elevator area, and again into room. Varied fun activities scheduled each day. Breakfast not great, but adequate and free. Wifi works well. Neighborhood seems fine. Close to the T. Would stay again. ”
- 19 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The location is perfect. You're right next to Chinatown and other neighboring restaurants, stores, etc. The facilities are clean and constantly kept clean. The employees and staff are nice and extremely helpful. I had such a positive experience in this hostel, given this was my first time staying in a hostel. I would highly recommended HI Boston. You definitely get what you pay for. Rooms were spacious and everything was simply great. Super satisfied with my stay! ”
- 13 Feb 2015 Jennifer USA