HI Chamounix Mansion
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Overall a great experience! The hostel is located pretty far from the city center, so be prepared to walk a little to catch the (long) bus ride, bring a car, or borrow one of the bikes available for free. But the area which is actually a huge park area is very pleasant and worth it all. The Mansion is a great place to meet other travelers, and if you don't feel like socializing, there's a lot of comfy sofas in which you can sit and relax/read/whatever. ”
- 22 Aug 2015 Mads Denmark
- “ Actually, this was my best experience in a hostel. I really like the place,location and the people there. I met people from many countries and the were nice and friendly. There is a free bicycles to go to the city or you can go by bus, but you have to walk around one mile to catch the bus. It was clean, cheap, very comfortable for me. Thestyle of the building itself is amazing and the decoration were perfect. I recommend this place for anyone wanna go to philadelphia. ”
- 21 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ After catching the bus from downtown there's a 1.3 mile walk to the hostel. I thought it was a nice area. That was shattered when 15 rounds of gun fire was discharged from a fast moving vehicle. Originally I thought it was fireworks but once realising it wasn't we sheltered in a park waiting for police. Unfortunately I was told its common place in Philadelphia The guy who checked me in was really welcoming. The day staff were short and rude. Possibly the worst hostel ever ”
- 20 Jul 2015 Anonymous England
- “ This place is located in Fairmount Park, about 15 minute walk from the bus stop. Quiet location. Great staff. ”
- 23 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The location is BEAUTIFUL, surrounded by nature, but a little far from the tourist attractions of Philly. You really need a car if you plan to stay here. or a bike if you are an avid biker. The room i stayed in was loud, not because of the occupants, but just in general. for example, the floors and doors creek badly, and the door tends to slam shut even if you try to be gentle. i really recommend ear plugs just because of the house itself. for a nice, relaxing stay, go for it. ”
- 29 May 2015 Nicole USA
- “ It was a lovely place, amazing staff and a memorable stay. Highly recommended. ”
- 09 Apr 2015 Afsaneh Iran