HI Chicago, The J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Awesome front desk who gave me great recommendations. And super friendly! ”
- 30 Nov 2018 Melissa USA
- “ Breakfast hours are from 7am to 10am. One morning at 9am the oatmeal pot was empty. I notified the kitchen employee responsible for making the oatmeal and I was told "the oatmeal takes an hour to make so we will not be making any more". I was disappointed at both parts of this statement. The next morning I spoke to the manager, Paul, and he agreed that the statement was inappropriate and he gave me two packages of his oatmeal then and agreed to speak to the kitchen staff. ”
- 19 Oct 2018 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel was a great experience for my first time. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. It seemed there should be more self locking options for travelers that can’t check into their room yet, or need there bag stowed after checking out. Staff commented several times the storage area gets so full there’s an overflow. One bay of lockers clearly does not meet the demand. ”
- 25 Aug 2018 Tammy USA
- “ The place is very nice and clean. The rooms are big with lockers and with clean and soft beds. The temperature was very nice. Was very quiet too. I am just not a big fan of restrooms inside the rooms when we need to share with a lot of people (8 bed room). The coffee offered was very good...but could have a better supply of fruits. ”
- 09 Jun 2018 Anonymous Brazil