HI - Chicago Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Excellent hostel right in the middle of the Loop. Superb location with very short walks to all trains. Very secure building (keycards on front door, elevators, and rooms). Excellent value for the money. I will stay here again. ”
- 02 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very recommendable accommodation! Very safe. Housekeeping didn't clean every day, men's toilet was only cleaned thoroughly once, and we stayed there 5 days (Although we only had to share it with 8 double bed rooms). Breakfast was ok, not really tasteful and they didn't bother to refill bakery/jelly/yogurt from 9:30 am. Staff was very friendly, you can participate in many activities. Great, that they had discounts for various sightseeings. ”
- 31 Aug 2014 Winfried Austria
- “ This is a great hostel! It is located downtown and pretty much everything is more or less walking distance. I only took the L once and that was to the Lincoln Park Zoo. But even from there you are back downtown in about 20-30 minutes. The rooms were really spacious what I really didn't expect. Really nice to actually have some space for all the luggage and bags. Security aspect is really excellent since you need your room card to get in and only the people in your room have access to your it ”
- 25 Aug 2014 Andreas Germany
- “ I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The price was just right and they are located near the Art Institute, which was a major bonus. The free breakfast was pretty basic, but it was free... I thought the bathrooms needed to be cleaned more often. ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Cheryl USA